Guy Hot vs. Girl Hot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

What’s the difference between Megan Fox and Leighton Meester? One gets drooled over by the men of the world while the other is admired and seen as an inspiration to young females everywhere. This is the distinction between “Girl Hot” and “Guy Hot”.

On the “Guy Hot” side of things, we find what women expect men to look for in their ideal girl. Typically based on physical appearance, it seems that the men mostly appreciate the boobs and the butt- but a beautiful face is always a plus. In frequent cases, it is highly likely that he isn’t going to notice that today you used the pinkish eye shadow instead of the neutral sparkling one. Instead he’ll notice your thin frame and overly full hair.

A guy searches for a Blake Lively in his life, a girl who has the confidence to match her knockout looks. They are the definition of sexy; these babes can pull of that skintight dress and six inch heels without sucking in all the surrounding air and looking like they’re going to fall over any second.

Then we have “Girl Hot”. This can be defined as the attributes that girls find attractive in other girls. Unlike “Guy Hot”, girls don’t notice other girls’ boobs or behind, because we have those too! But a gorgeous face that is unconventional or is lightly covered with minimal make up illustrates variety and courage, two things chicks always appreciate in other chicks.

When it does come to the body, a girl whose got abs, toned arms and strong legs always out does the girl who skipped breakfast, forgot lunch and is considering that kale leaf for dinner. This goes hand in hand with fashion, as girls are always checking out other girls’ sense of style. When you see a girl who took a risk on campus, with her heavy red lip (and she’s totally working it), you know you’re giving silent props.

Jennifer Lawrence or Anne Hathaway are the perfect examples of “Girl Hot”: they are beautiful in their own way and couple that natural beauty with wit, creativity and a killer wardrobe.

What do you think? Are there two different kinds of “hot” that are defined by the two different genders? Or is there one definition of beauty that all men and women can agree on?