This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Although school started a little earlier for UC students studying abroad in Paris (late August), there are no complaints about having more time to explore!

The French & European Studies program starts with an 11-day intensive language and immersion course, which is designed to help students get a head start on practical French and allow us to visit some of the most famous historical landmarks in the city. The Opéra Garnier was essentially one of our classrooms during the first week of school! That’s right – the inspiration for Phantom of the Opera and the location of the Stella McCartney show during Paris Fashion Week earlier this week.

Although I may be biased, exploring the glitz and glam of Paris’s beautiful monuments for upper division units makes the city of love and light one of the best places to study abroad!

Allison is a Global Studies major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the Assistant Editor at Her Campus UCSB a contributor to the chapter's Instagram, @hercampusucsb. Allison believes that life is about balances, but that you can never have too many breakfast burritos. You can follow Allison's personal Instagram at @allycnco for life around Santa Barbara, good eats, and travels!
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.