Comfort Foods to Get You Through Dead Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

As we all know, finals are fast approaching. Unfortunately this means it’s almost time to go into full on study mode yet again #NoLife #CollegeLife. 

Here’s a list of some comfort foods you can eat while studying that will hopefully help you put a positive spin on dreaded dead week!

1. Cookies 

I don’t know about you, but I’m always craving cookies….always. (I should probably see a doctor about this)

Image via Google

2. Ice cream

There’s nothing like consuming an unhealthy amount of ice cream while reading 100+ PowerPoint slides.

Image via Google

3. Sour punch straws

I could munch on these forever…literally.

Image via Google 

4. Popcorn

Always a good go-to snack. You can pretend you’re watching your favorite movie even though you’re really trying not to read the same sentence over and over again in your textbook.

Image via Google

5. Pizza 

After studying for about 10 minutes, take an hour break to enjoy a slice of pizza!

Image via Google

6. Fruits

Gotta find a balance somewhere. Plus, they’re sweet and give you longer lasting energy.

Image via Google

Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)