Campus Cutie: Ian Wessen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

This week, I was lucky enough to sit down with one of UCSB’s most eligible bachelors, Mr. Ian Wessen of Pasadena. If his radiant hair and glittering smile haven’t already swept you off your feet, take a moment to learn a little more about one of HerCampus’s most eclectic cuties!

Year: Fourth

Major: Physics 

Hometown: Pasadena, CA

Campus Involvement:Campus Tour Guide, Society of Physics Students, Technology Management Program

Describe your perfect date: First date: Surf and turf three course dinner with a nice bottle of Cabernet, stargazing after. Second date: Kill a forty and go the batting cages.

If you were part of a smore, which ingredient would you be? The cracker.

What ability of yours are you proudest of? I’ve never told a lie.

What actor would play you in a movie? Denzel

Which television show most accurately represents your lifestyle? Jeopardy!

If you could have a meal with three famous people, dead or a live, what meal would it be and which three people would you choose? I’d love to get together with Abe Lincoln, Biggie Smalls, and Shakespeare and head to the In-N-Out off of Turnpike and get some double-doubles.

What is your favorite place on campus? The balcony along the sixth floor of Broida Hall. Quiet pristine ocean views and quantum field theory research…. ladies? ;)

What about least favorite place? The bicycle intersection of death outside the visitor center on the way to the gym.

What is a hobby you don’t yet have but would like to learn? While I may come off as a roughneck fighter, physicist, and whiskey drinker I secretly long to become a spoken word poet.

Tell us a random fact about yourself that you think we won’t believe: I’m a Wikipedia editor. For my dads fiftieth birthday I wrote him a Wikipedia article.

Who was your favorite elementary school teacher? I was terribly behaved in school. My second grade teacher Mrs. Branfield let me be student of the week on the last week of school because I was the only student who hadn’t been student of the week all year.

What is your guilty pleasure? I upgrade my movie popcorn to the large bucket so that I can get the free refill. Also, I like to cry a little during emotional commercials.

What annoys you the most? When an object disappears in the black hole between the drivers seat and the center console and I know that I’ll have to stop the car and slide the seat all the way forward just to get it. 

What is your favorite time of day? 6:00 AM. I’m never awake to see it, but the few times I have were splendid and peaceful.

What is your favorite word? I wish the word “catawampus” would make a come back…

Now that he’s won you over, you’ve learned his favorite place on campus so you know where to find him, ladies.

Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!