Campus Cutie: Alex Claiborne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Meet Alex, the frattiest ginger you’ll ever meet! 

Age: 20

Year: Junior 

Major: Environmental Studies

Hometown: San Francisco/Marin County

Relationship status: Casually seeing someone

Celeb crush: Lana Del Rey

Celeb man crush: James Franco

Favorite place in Santa Barbara: Red Rock

Best place to take a girl on a date? Chipotle is my go-to, but for an actual activity I’d say this place called Kirby Cove back home in Marin. It’s a secluded beach with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the city!

Turn ons: Blonde, a nice smile, and a good sense of humor.

Turn offs: A big ego and girls that don’t like beer, chipotle, or mexican food.

Hobbies: Soccer, hanging out with my dog, finding new music, and being a “geed.”

Be honest, have you ever used Tinder? Yeah but I’ve never actually pursued a match. I don’t think I’ve ever “chatted” with anyone, but it’s always funny to see matches around campus/IV.

Best pick-up line: “I was in a frat once.”

Favorite TV show: I don’t really watch TV but I followed Breaking Bad with my freshmen roommates and that was legit.

Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses? That’s tough, but I’d have to go with 100 duck-sized horses. A horse-sized duck sounds really intimidating. 

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.