Campus Cutie: Aaron (and Sake) Varsha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Aaron Varsha

Hometown: Calabasas, CA

Major: Communication

Relationship Status: Single

Off- Campus Involvement: AEPi

Favorite Food: Hummus

Favorite songs: Rick Ross “Hold Me Back”, Shakira “She Wolf”,  Halleljuah “Jeff Buckley”

Fun Fact about yourself: I have a phobia of the number 17 and pickles

Describe your perfect girl: Under 5’4

Biggest Turn-offs in a girl: Above 5’4

Best place to meet girls in IV: The Co-op

Favorite place in IV to take a girl on a date: Precious Slut

Do you have any special skills or talents? No.

Most embarrassing moment: Realizing I have a lot more in common with Gelb than I initially thought.

Favorite pick-up line: I have candy.

One thing you want to do before you leave IV: Beat big Al in a game of 1 on 1.

Name: Sake

Hometown: Isla Vista

Year: PhD. Candidate

Major: Biopysch, Engineering Double major with a minor in woman’s studies.

Relationship Status: Taken <3 with Zelda the Golden Retriever

Off- Campus Involvement: Puppy play time

Favorite Food: HUMAN FOOD!!

Favorite songs:  Baja Men “Who let the dogs out”, anything by the Dogg, Usher “Climax”

Fun Fact about yourself: I’m potty trained, does that count?

Describe your perfect girl: 35 pounds, golden fur, a nice tail, and a smelly butt.

Biggest Turn-offs in a girl: When they take my bone!

Best place to meet girls in IV: Dublin’s.

Favorite place in IV to take a girl on a date: The bushes in my backyard.

Do you have any special skills or talents? I can speak, play dead, shake and even roll over!

Most embarrassing moment: I took a poop in the middle of the mall once…

Favorite pick-up line: Ruff

One thing you want to do before you leave IV:  Surf

Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!