9 Things Only FSSP Students Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

1. You miss how empty the school used to be.

2. You’re already a master of the bike paths while new freshmen are still struggling.

3. Having all the dining commons available is like exploring a whole new world.

4. You sometimes see people in your hall and can’t tell if they’re new or they just stayed in their dorm all day during FSSP.

5. Then you try to become friends with the new freshmen without making them feel intimidated.

6. When someone says they’re taking Greek Myth.

7. That sad moment when the people on your floor are making new friends and aren’t around as much anymore.

8. Being able to go to so many more parties than the new freshmen because you already know people.

9. Even though it hadn’t even been two weeks, you were excited to see your FSSP friends again.

Sally is a fourth year communication student at UCSB. Her favorite things to do include traveling, eating, and binge watching YouTube videos. In her ideal future, she is either a research professor or market analyst for a digital entertainment company and living in her hometown of LA with a hypoallergenic cat.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.