5 (Actually) Good Drinks for the New Twenty-Fun Year Old

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Let’s be honest ladies: nobody actually enjoys the taste of alcohol. Do we enjoy how it magically makes us dance like Beyonce? Yes. Is the positive effect vodka has on our confidence to walk up to and talk with that guy across the room a complete game changer? Absolutely. But it takes a few not-so-good shots to get us to that place.

If only there was a magical concoction that was hard liquor’s sweeter, more chill older sister (hint: there totally is!)  This one’s for all the freshly turned twenty-one-year-olds because you are finally old enough to have a good time and a great drink!

1. Vodka Cranberry

Although it has a bad reputation, vodka can actually be (almost) delightful when mixed in the right fruity drinks! The Vodka Cranberry is just as she sounds– consisting of vodka and cranberry juice– but it gets the job done a sweet and fun way! Bonus: cranberry juice does wonders for your digestive system and helps cleanse your body of radicals!

Image via Inspired Taste

2. Piña Colada 

Image via Food Network 

Do you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain? Then this is the drink for you! Cold and refreshing with hints of juicy pineapple, this cocktail is a dream come true made with rum, coconut cream or coconut milk, and pineapple juice.

3. Midori Sour 

This classic drink is one in a melon! Just shake up some  Midori Melon Liqueur, Sweet and Sour Mix, Lime Juice, and Lemon-Lime Soda for some quality sweet and sour flavors!

Image via Liquor.com

4. Rosé

They don’t say “Rosé All Day” for no reason! This blushing wine comes in countless flavors ranging from notes of florals to raspberry, making a perfect balance!

Image via GQ

5. White Sangria 

Here’s one for all our beauties who brunch! White Sangrias are a great addition to any brunch as they are light, fresh, and have adorable slices of frozen fruit floating to keep the white wine cool.

Image via The Weary Chef

So start treating yourself to some genuinely yummy drinks! Because when you’re twenty-fun years old, it should be just that.

Isabelle is a third-year Gaucho who has never met a dog she didn't like. She's tackling a double major in Communication and Psychology as well as minors in Art & Technology and Education. In her free time, Isabelle enjoys sipping boba, snapping photos, and spending time with her amazing partner.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)