3 Ways to Be a Student Activist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Have you wanted to help people but you don’t know where to start? Well, we have three ways on how you can become a student activist. These options are just some of the ways you can impact change on campus and off. We hope that  you don’t stop using your voice to impact positive change because the world needs you. The world needs your voice, your thoughts, your vision and your words. 

1. Get Involved in Campus Organizations 

Image via pixnio.com

By becoming apart of an organization, you are getting involved with the people that have similar interests as you. Which will then lead you to be able to reach a wider range of people who can help you create positive change. Through your connections with people, you will have a support system that can help you accomplish your mission. 

2. Create Petitions

Image via commons.m.wikimedia.org 

You can do this through change.org, this website will help guide you through the process of creating a petition. After you’ve created your own petition, don’t forget to check out some of the petitions on the site and sign a couple. 

3. Attend Rallies

Image via thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu

Attending rallies is another way to connect with people that believe in the same things as you. It is amazing to see people standing together as one to change something for the better.

Image in thumbnail via shutterstock.com​

Hi, I'm Briahna and I'm a fourth year at UCSB; majoring in anthropology. I'll start with a quote "it's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale"- Geneen Roth. Sometimes in this big wide world I do feel small but I am reminded by this quote that I am much more than anything that can be measured by a scale, a grade point average or society standards of what a woman should be. My value is dependent by the standards I set for myself.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)