clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Ways to Decorate Your Graduation Cap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Declare candidacy for graduation? Check. Buy cap and gown? Check. Receive diploma? Not quite yet. Now that you have completed the steps you need to graduate (but don’t forget to stay on top of your classes the rest of the quarter!), it is time to go out with a bang! Personalize your grad cap to make your last moments of college extra special with some of these DIY ideas:

1. Nothing but Positive Thoughts about Your Future

Adulting might seem scary, but think of all the amazing opportunities that lay ahead!

2. Show off Your Passion for Your Major

You worked hard to earn a degree in your field, own it!

3. … Or the Price You had to Pay for Your Major

Tuition might have cost you an arm and a leg, but the memories you’ve made over the years are priceless!

4. For all those Nights You Spent Watching Grey’s Anatomy Instead of Studying

All we want after graduation is a job that will pay us enough money right away so we don’t have to move back home. Is that so much to ask for?

5. Say Thank You to Those Who Helped You Through

The support from the ones we love help make us the strong, determined people we are today!

6. Graduation Isn’t Always a Cake Filled with Rainbows and Smiles

It’s graduation and we just have a lot of feelings….

7. Plain and Simple

All that B.S. helped some of us get that Bachelor of Science!

8. Let the World Know Nothing Will Get in Your Way

Is there a quote that kept you going when you felt like you wanted to give up? Put it on your cap to remind you off all the hard work you put in over the years!

9. Oh the Places You’ll Go

Time to explore! The world is your oyster.

10. Can We Just Say “See You Later” ?

It might not be the same, but UCSB will always be here if you want to stop by to say hello.

Although your time in college is limited, the memories you make, the pictures you take, and the grad cap you create can last a lifetime!

Amber is a 4th year English major from Long Beach, CA. Some of her favorite pastimes include watching sunsets, eating burritos, and enjoying a good book outside on sunny days. She was bitten by the travel bug while spending a semester abroad in Australia and wants to explore the world! She hopes to land a career that allows her to do two of the things she loves the most- travel and write. Catch up with her on Instagram at @amber_bamm.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.