10 Thoughts You Have When it Rains

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of year again: California’s “rainy season”. For those of us from SoCal who see rain so rarely, this can be a very interesting time. Here are 10 thoughts we have every time this mysterious water falls from the sky.

1. “Oh. My. God. Is that rain???”

2. “I need to snapchat this.”  

3. “Do I go out in this? What do I even wear?”

4. “Can’t wear my converse and I don’t own boots…Sandals it is.”  

5. “Nope, too cold and wet. Better stay inside.”

6. “Hot cocoa and Netflix? Hell yes.”

7. “Whoa what was that flash?”

8. “AND THAT SOUND. The world must be ending.”

9. “Wait no, that’s natural, we’re good.”

10. “It’s over already? Time to go outside then.”

Deyana Gorman is a second year pre-biology major at the University of California Santa Barbara from Simi Valley, California. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Deyana can usually be found watching her favorite youtubers, hanging out with friends, playing video games, brushing up on her photography skills, or doing activities with her sorority sisters. She plans on one day studying abroad in Italy, Ireland, and Australia as well as going on road trip adventures throughout California.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay