10 Self-Care Ideas for the Busy College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Sometimes life is way too hectic…especially when you’re a busy college student trying to juggle school, extracurriculars, your social life, all the while trying to take care of yourself. We get it, it’s tough!  Even though it might be a struggle to schedule a full-on spa day, it’s always nice to have little breaks in between your busy schedule to just…unwind and focus on yourself. And sometimes, a little goes a long way.

Here are some little self-care ideas that you can incorporate throughout your day:

1. Start your day using a DIY aromatherapy diffuser.

Image via Unsplash

We really like this one by Popsugar.  

2. Do some meditation.

Image via Unsplash

Here’s a quick 5-minute meditation you can do in the morning!  

3. Start your day off right with a playlist of all your favorite chill or mood-boosting music while you get ready for the rest of your day.

Image via Unsplash

Here’s one by Spotify you might like.  

4. Make your own matcha latte (for your mid-morning, or mid-day boost).

Image via Unsplash

Fitness blogger Remi Ishizuka (@rrayyme) has a few delicious recipes!  

5. Take a break from whatever you’re doing and read for an hour.

Image via Unsplash

Or, catch up on your favorite blog.  

6. Go outside and take a leisurely walk, or go for a jog.

Image via  Unsplash

Enjoy the weather!  

7. When you’re done with your day and you’re winding down, use a DIY body scrub to give your skin some gentle exfoliation.

Image via Unsplash

Here are some ideas from Buzzfeed.  

8. Use some body oil or a lotion with essential oils to give your skin some lovin’.

Image via Unsplash  

9. Make a DIY lip scrub and do some exfoliating.

Image via Unsplash

We really like these by Tastemade!  

10. Put on a homemade face mask and enjoy your favorite show.

Image via Unsplash

You might find a recipe (or two) from HelloGlow’s ultimate DIY face mask guide!  

Sometimes it’s hard trying to find time between your busy schedule for yourself, so making the most out of the little moments is so important. We hope that you give these a try!

Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)