10 Quotes to Inspire You (You Go Girl!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s officially the middle of the quarter, which means that inevitably, people are dragging. You might be one of the lucky ones who’s done with midterms, but if you’re like the rest of us, there’s still more exams to take, essays to write, and assignments to complete before we can raise a glass to Summertime. In order to help you get through this week, we compiled a list of some of our favorite quotes. Take a look below at some of our favorite quotes on self-empowerment. They just make us smile. 

1.

Image via Pinterest

Heck yea girl. Go follow what you love and don’t you dare let any obstacles keep you down. If you follow through with your passion, you’ll end feeling like you can conquer anything.

2.

Image via Pinterest

People can suck. We get it. But the majority of people are really wonderful, and nothing feels better than when someone makes you feel good about yourself or works to validate who you are as a person. Be somebody who makes others feel good about being just the way they are.

3.

Image via Pinterest

Read this one just one more time. Don’t ever wish ill upon someone, because healing and peace are the best things to wish upon people who haven’t been kind.

4.

Image via Pinterest

Everything is too expensive in Santa Barbara. I mean, $2.89 for an avocado?! Yea right, Co-Op, I’m not made of gold. That being said, inner peace is free. And attainable. So anything or anybody who hinders your ability to seek peace is not worth it.

5.

Image via Pinterest

This is a great quote for significant others and friends alike. Home is where you feel safe. Comfortable. Loved. Be with people who give you that same feeling, and with them, you’ll be home.

6.

Image via Pinterest

You really never know who you’re inspiring. You don’t need a fancy quote to inspire other people! The tiny choices you make and actions you do throughout your day has an effect on someone and can lead to making their whole damn day.

7.

Image via Pinterest

You have nothing to lose by being kind. Nothing.  

8.

Image via Pinterest

Just because it didn’t happen today, does not mean that it won’t work out in the future. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that the sun will shine again. That was just a bad day, not a bad life. You’ve got this. And tomorrow we will try again.

9.

Image via Pinterest

I love this quote. I think that we’re surrounded in an environment where a good portion of the time, girls are compelled to laugh when a boy makes a joke, especially an offensive one, whether that’s from sheer politeness or just uncomfortability of the situation. It’s happened to a good majority of us where a boy says something offensive and we’ve all just politely laughed to be a good sport. We let it go. But we don’t have to do that; boys don’t have the right to make us feel uncomfortable and then expect us to validate their joke. There is literally ~nothing~ that should make you feel forced to laugh. So if it’s not funny, don’t. 

10.

Image via Pinterest

As if we couldn’t love Michelle Obama any more, she went ahead and gave us the quote of the century. No one can deliver such as a bad ass quote as eloquently as Michelle can.

Hi! My name is Paige Farrenkopf and I'm a third year at UCSB. I'm majoring in Sociology and minoring in Professional Writing, and hope to someday go into the mental health field. I'm apart of Delta Gamma, Gaucho Tour Association, Kids in Nutrition, and Health and Wellness here at UCSB. I love writing and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)