Zach Seidl: What you should know about UCLA radio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Zach Seidl is one of those people that’s just plain cool. Born and raised in Oakland, CA he is doing big things. A twin, Economics Major, and current DJ for UCLA Radio Zach is helping to push UCLA radio to the next level.

Favorite Artists/Groups: Right now, Chance the Rapper and Kanye West. Hometown: Oakland, CA

Fun Fact: I have a twin brother that attends Harvard and I was the sixth person to be featured on Humans of UCLA

Favorite UCLA event: Home Football Games

What should people know about UCLA radio?

People should know that we exist. We won “Best Internet-Based Student Run College Radio Station” in 2012 and provide quality programming that is very relatable for the average UCLA student. We are a serious player in the industry. We’ve had guests ranging from Orianthi (Michael Jackson’s guitarist) to Chuck D of Public Enemy. Give us a listen!

How did you get involved?

I got involved after I saw a sign for the information session on Bruin Walk. I just so happened to see it right at the time the info session was starting so I said “why not?” After a quarter of interning, I became a DJ and now work as the Co-Intern Director for the station.

What do you focus on, on your show? Where do you get your inspiration?

We try to focus on Hip-Hop relevant news and music. We have at least one guest every two weeks to keep things fresh. The guest is usually an aspiring rapper or a producer. It’s not just anyone though we are fairly particular and like to have quality musicians on our what we hope to be quality show. In the past we’ve had members of Soulection, Sy Stokes, Chuck D, and more on our show. We get inspired by new music. We try to get the artist in the studio and if that doesn’t work we play the music anyways.

How would you describe your musical taste?

I like anything as long as I can connect with it, either physically through dance or mentally through thought. 

A sophomore at UCLA pursuing a degree in Applied Math with a French minor, Brittany was born and raised in Washington, D.C. and still considers herself a Washingtonian at heart. When not writing for Her Campus she can be found participating in Alpha Delta Pi Sorority events, running, visiting trendy coffee shops, traveling, volunteering, and spending time with family and friends.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.