Yoga Pants: From Cozy to Trendy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Let’s be honest: yoga pants are pretty much a staple at UCLA. Every day, hundreds of girls throw them on to wear to class, parties, or the gym because they’re so comfy. However, instead of winding up with the post-workout look all the time like Lea Michelle exemplifies below, try using yoga pants as the base of your wardrobe and spice it up from there.

Yoga Pants as leggings:

Get some polka dot, floral, or solid leggings or yoga pants to wear under long shirts or short dresses. It’s still comfortable but also looks like you tried being cute. You can wear boots with them for a fall look, or wear knee-length yoga pants and sandals for more of a summer vibe.

Tribal/Vibrant Pattern:

As shown with these flared pants, you can wear tribal prints, a simple shirt, and statement jewelry for a more tropical beach look. It’s a perfect ensemble for a pool party or a sunny day at UCLA because it’s lightweight and casual – but not as casual as the average uggs/yoga pants/jacket combo.

Classic fall:

And finally, there is the typical fall look with a long knit sweater, scarf, and knee-length boots. This basic ensemble has become the epitome of the fall season because it’s a good balance of cute and comfy. Whenever you’re tempted to just throw on yoga pants and a t-shirt, merely add a draping sweater and boots this winter and you’re instantly more fashionable.

It’s understandable for girls to desire a no-stress look during midterms, but you can still look chic by adding these few simple changes to shy away from the scrub appearance. 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.