This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Penguin Random House describes White Fur as “a stunning star-crossed love story set against the glitz and grit of 1980s New York City,” and it is just that. We got a copy of White Fur from our Her Campus Summer Survival Kits. 

Immediately, the book brings us into the life of Elise. The first page sets us up in a peculiar setting, later on in her life, where some shocking event is occurring. Flipping the first page leads us back in time, all the way to the beginning. Of course, beginnings like this lead us to wanting more and more, hungry for why and how the characters got there in the first place. The book then leads us to Connecticut; to the beginning. It is a cold winter, where an unlikely girl moves into a house right next door to a Yale student. These two people, although from different backgrounds and experiences, find themselves together. Although there are many factors that continuously go against them, they end up fighting through it together. Until they run into some unfavorable circumstances where the fight to be together becomes all too much.

Reading this book was exciting and full of electricity. The details of the love and passion of the two characters brings the readers into their romance and journey in life. There was never a dull moment reading this book. And although I read this during my many midterms, it was a break I definitely looked forward to. The style flows and the detail adds perfect clarity to the hardships that the characters experience.

White Fur is perfect for summer because it is a book that is hard to put down and definitely a read that offers a look into the harsh winters in 1982 where two lovers named Elise and Jamey endure more than just a black out from the blizzard in the midst of the city.

Photo Courtesy of: Google books,http://www.orpc.co/

When will there be a biography that doesn't mention a love for coffee? Not here and not today.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.