What Really Happened on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Valentine’s Day is the day of love – a time to appreciate those you care about often through mushy and sentimental gestures or expressions. Many dream of the perfect night, filled with flowers and hearts and too much pink. However, single collegiettes know all too well the tragic evening that is Valentine’s Day. Now that this magical day has come and gone, it’s easy to find the differences between what we wanted to happen and what actually happened. 

How we think our night will go:

How it really goes:

How we think materialism will feel like:

What it’s really like:

How we want to feel:

How we actually feel:

What we want to happen:

What actually happens:

What we want someone to say to us: 

What actually happens to us: 

What we want to look like: 

What we really look like: 

How we want to act:

What we actually did: 

Reality of Valentine’s Day:

All graphics from giphy.com

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.