What to Expect in 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s a new year and new quarter. With midterms rapidly approaching already, sometimes students need a light at the end of the tunnel. So take a break and read about a few things you can expect from the wonderful year ahead. Here’s a snapshot of expected occurances in the next 12 months:

1. Airborne Automobiles

According to Back to the Future, flying cars are on the horizon. By October 21, 2015, we should be able to personally touch the clouds in our DeLoreans. 

2. Movie Madness

Movie-wise, we’ll be seeing quite a few of the popular blockbusters that drive fans to the theater, including Mockingjay: Part 2, Ant-Man, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Cinderella, and Fifty Shades of Grey. There will be some crazed fans in line for the movies this year!

3. Timely Technology

The Apple watch is approaching the market sometime in 2015. It’s not really a surprise that Apple has to produce some new gadget to make us forget about our old ones, as they produce new models essentially every year. 

4. Swift’s Singing 

Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour begins in May 2015. Having won Favorite Female Artist, Favorite Pop Artist and Favorite Song at the People’s Choice Awards, her concert has high expectations. Rocking her red lips and matching shirt-skirt signature look, millions of ticketholders will see her perform live this year. *Fills blank space with pun about Blank Space* 

5. Space Success

New Horizons, a space probe launched by NASA, is expected to reach Pluto this year. It left earth in 2006 and is expected to cost $650 million total, all in the name of science and exploration. 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.