Veggiegrill Now Open in Ackerman- A Tasty & Healthy Option for Vegetarians at UCLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

After much anticipation, Veggiegrill has finally opened in UCLA’s Ackerman Union. Ackerman is also home to fast-food chains like Carl’s Jr., Panda Express and Taco Bell, making Veggiegrill a new and refreshing change for students looking into healthier meal alternatives. This is ideal for vegetarians and vegans who often struggle to find meatless meal options on campus. 

Everything is entirely plant-based, such as vegetables, whole grains and nuts, and their menu is broad enough to suit anyone’s palette, as it includes a variety of hamburgers, sandwiches, bowls, salads and tacos. The menu also features a seasonal section, which per its name changes once every season. The UCLA location offers the same full menu that is offered at their other locations, but there will be a few special discounts for UCLA students on the app- so make sure to download it.

One of our favorite parts of Veggiegrill are the delicious and color drink options. These healthy lemonades, limeades and refreshing teas are perfect for all those citrus lovers.

Some of Veggiegrill’s best dishes are their burgers such as the VG Beyond Burger and the Lucky Star Burger. Both of which use Veggiegrill’s famous Beyond patty, which is soy-free, gluten-free and GMO-free. The Veggiegrill UCLA team members described eating their burgers as “having a burger without the guilt.”

Others favorites were the Sonoran Bowl and new Wunderbrat. The Sonoran Bowl had wonderfully seasoned crispy brussel sprouts, a healthy serving of avocados and the fresh salsa mixed well with the black beans and tortilla strips. The Wunderbrat had a great peppery taste to the Beyond Meat bratwurst, which matched well with the mustard and the perfectly caramelized onions.

Our favorite thing about the new Veggiegrill in Ackerman is that you can pre-order on their app and your food will be waiting on the counter ready for you. This is a great way to bypass any long lines or avoid waiting too long in between classes for your quick lunch. By downloading the VG Rewards app onto your phone, you wil receive a $5 credit and be able to take advantage of this online ordering system. Students can also use the GrubHub App to order to pick up at the restaurant. 

So whether you’re a Vegan, Vegetarian, Meat-Lover or Foodie, Veggiegrill is the best spot to enjoy each other’s company and some delicious and healthy food.

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.