This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The infamous “I have no idea what to wear tonight” is always a heavy hitter. Add the pressure of it being Valentine’s Day, and you have a totally panic-worthy situation. But have no fear! Just because it’s Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean your only option is a dress. Here’s some chic inspiration for a date night outfit that will not only express your #girlboss style, but also make your s/o totally fall in love ;) 

Since Valentine’s Day falls right in the middle of the week, chances are you may be grabbing an Uber to meet your date straight from work. But this doesn’t mean you need to pack a whole outfit change! Channel some 90’s era vibes with an oversized blazer. Keep things more form-fitting with a t-shirt and skinny jeans, and finish off with some trendy (yet office appropriate) shoes (My pick? Sock sneakers). You’re ready to go from office to night out – no alternate outfit required.

Shop our picks for oversized blazers: Topshop Fitted Boyfriend Blazer ($40) // Urban Outfitters Vintage Oversized Tweed Blazer ($59) // Express Oversized Plaid Blazer ($90) // Madewell Blazer Sweater-Jacket ($158)

Photography by Miranda Montenegro (IG: _mirandaem)

Katie is a Junior studying Communications at UCLA. In her spare time, she can be found blogging (katiexkim) and almost always reading the latest edition of Vogue.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.