nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Résumé Boost: L’Oréal’s Brandstorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Okay collegiettes, it’s time to talk CAREERS. We know you’re currently drowning in a pile of books studying, but a wise collegiette is always on the lookout for amazing internship and career opportunities!

Recently, representatives from L’Oréal visited the UCLA Career Center and gave an amazing information session about their Finance and Marketing Summer Internship Programs. Let’s be real – it’s every beauty junkie’s dream to work at a powerhouse cosmetics company like L’Oréal. Plus, they had a killer stash of free beauty samples out for the attendees. Score! (If you’re not already on the prowl, stay on the lookout for workshops and info sessions given at the Career Center. It’s an essential resource!) Amidst the information about the internship programs, we also learned a bit more about an incredible résumé-building opportunity – Brandstorm.

UCLA has been selected as one of the universities invited to participate in Brandstorm, a business competition created by L’Oréal where students are presented with a realistic business challenge and work together to develop an innovative solution to the problem. This year’s challenge? Come up with a strategy to successfully attract new consumers to La Roche-Posay! You’ll be competing against students from numerous other universities while gaining valuable professional experience and exposure to some of the savviest business execs in the nation. Not only will your creativity and motivation be put to the test, but you’ll also get the chance to potentially go to New York and Paris if you succeed far enough into the competition! In the end, the top three teams will win money for a trip to whatever location they choose.

Interested? To enter, all you need is a team of three juniors or seniors, unwavering determination, and some major innovation. Make sure your team is well-rounded so that each member brings something different to the table! Brandstorm is the perfect way to show off your drive and creativity, to make your résumé stand out, and to represent UCLA as a community of hardworking and entrepreneurial individuals!

To participate, you’ll need to register by December 31. After your registration is approved, you’ll receive a resource pack to learn more about La Roche-Posay, and then it will be time to dive into your project! Campus Finals will be in February, and National Finals will be in April before International Finals in Paris!

For more information, visit http://www.brandstorm.loreal.com.

Christina is a second-year Psychology major. She loves Netflix, chocolate, and exploring new places.