UCLA Students Meet Obama

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

(UCLA Newsroom)

A group of 18 students at UCLA had an unbelievable experience last week, as they had the opportunity to meet President Obama at LAX. These students were taking a Fiat Lux course co-instructed by none other than the former White House worker and actor Kal Penn. The students were taking the Fiat Lux “Hope, Change, and First Bumps: Young Americans and The Obama Presidency” that met weekly over the course of Spring Quarter. 

Kal Penn, or Kalpen Modi, was initially hired as an associate director in the Office of Public Engagement. His role in this department was well suited as Penn was and continues to have a large influence over young voters and encouraging them to have a voice and vote. Penn is an alumnus of UCLA, graduating in 2000. 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.