Stars Unite to “Break the Chains” around Eating Disorders

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This foundation was created to fight the stigma around eating disorders with the use of dance, cinema, paintings, and photographs. Through the use of art, the founder Debra Hopkins hopes to reach the audiences to discuss the importance of not only knowing about eating disorders but also recognizing the negative stigma that revolves around them.

There are celebrities such as Jillian Rose Reed, best known for her role in MTV’s hit series Awkward. as a spokesperson for the campaign, as well as Carolyn Hennessy, best known for her role in General Hospital, and Erin Sanders, best known for her role as Quinn Pensky in Nickelodeon’s series Zoey 101, as celebrity ambassadors. These women have partnered with the foundation to help bring attention and meaning to this vital cause.

Celebrity spokesperson Jillian Rose Reed finds great meaning in being so involved with this campaign. She explains that “the concept of using dance and movement for healing and understanding is so magical to me,” according to WhoSay.com. Reed focuses on the aspects of film as she depicts a character that deals with addiction in her short film.  This is an example of how the campaign is all about the inspiration from art to tread light on the subject of eating disorders.

This foundation is so important because it focuses on many struggles that people deal with on a day-to-day basis and helps to enlighten others who may not be so familiar with the battle of having an eating disorder.

Courtesy of WhoSay.com: http://www.whosay.com/articles/13801-jillian-rose-reed-eating-disorder-v…

When will there be a biography that doesn't mention a love for coffee? Not here and not today.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.