Spring Break Hotspots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Finals have arrived. That means night and day have blended and we are all moving into Powell to try to salvage whatever chance we have left at a decent GPA.

But on our study breaks, we can stare out the window at the beautiful weather and fantasize about what’s on the other side- SPRING BREAK! Here are some easy vacation spots for you to dream about:

1. San Diego

I’ve been in love with La Jolla since the moment I stepped foot on their sandy beaches and inhaled the fresh, clean air. If you have any friends at UCSD, hit them up this spring break and get a decent tour. If you’re over 21 make sure you go to Gaslamp Quarter- a historic block in SD filled with bars and a definite memory-making spot. Make sure you don’t leave without visiting Coronado, voted the #1 beach in the US. 

2. Santa Barbara

I know Santa Barbara as the perfect blend between Norcal and Socal. SB has countless hiking spots, sandy beaches, amazing food, wine tasting, and so much more. If you’re looking for a good time, ask your friends at UCSB to take you to some legendary UCSB parties. 

3. LA

If you’re not from LA but you go to UCLA, you probably haven’t done much exploring beyond Westwood except that one time you and your friends went to Millions of Milkshakes. Sometimes it’s fun to be a tourist in your own city! Hike at the Hollywood Sign, eat pizza on Venice Beach, discover the universe at Griffith Observatory, go on rides at Santa Monica Pier, take pictures with your favorite Hollywood Stars, and best of all: go eat at all of the amazing places LA has to offer. The best part is that you can come home to your own bed at the end of the day. 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.