This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Needless to say, Sofia Vergara is having a crazy week. First there’s the fact that her ex-fiancée, Nick Loeb, started an embryo battle with the Modern Family star. The couple created two embryos when they were still together, which Loeb now apparently wants custody of, though Vergara refuses. She’s asking for the media to stop giving Loeb airtime to publicize this personal issue. 

In bigger news, she also got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this week. Pictured above is the Latina beauty with her current fiancée, Joe Manganiello. On Thursday she made an appearance in West Hollywood for the ceremony to award her with the star.

Finally, this week marked the opening of her newest movie with Reese Witherspoon, “Hot Pursuit.” The film features Witherspoon as a rule-following police officer and Vergara as a boisterous widow of a drug lord. The comedy is expected to be popular with these two famous actresses, though it may be a knock-off of the Sandra Bullock-Melissa McCarthy movie “The Heat,” also about an uptight law enforcement officer and a crazy criminal sidekick. 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.