Profile: Scary Sanderson Sisters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet the Sanderson Sisters

Born in 1600s in Salem, Massachusetts this trio has sure caused a stir in recent Halloween festivities.  It’s not their costumes or that they always travel in three, it’s the fact that they want to steal your youth! That’s right, I’m talking about Winifred, Sarah and Mary Sanderson. These sisters may not be as famous as the Kardashians but they might as well be, as they star in their very own movie Hocus Pocus. So let me give a you a quick bio on each of the sisters.

Winifred “Winnie” Sanderson

Leader of the Sanderson sisters

Definitely the diva of the trio and the owner of the spell book that was gifted to her by her master, Satan. Winnie is known for her bold red lipstick and for turning into stone and exploding when the sun rises.

Mary Sanderson

Known for her great sense of smell that helps her track children, Mary is the is the calmest of the sisters. She keeps her older sister Winnie temperament in check. She loves pleasing her older sister and is constantly seeking her approval.

Sarah Sanderson

The youngest of the sister, Sarah, has the unique luring children with her beautiful singing. Her beauty traps people and her singing hypnotizes them. She really has it all!

The three sisters list Halloween as their favorite holiday. They say that their main goal is to remain young forever and they accomplish this by sucking the life out of young children.  

*images courstey of giphy

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.