Profile: Her Campus Events Director Megan Reusche

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Written by Gloria Villalobos

Meet Megan Reusche, a third-year English major here at UCLA. She works at Café 1919, is the Education Outreach Director for Project Literacy, and her hometown is Vacaville, California. She is also a staff writer and Events Director under the marketing team for Her Campus! We sat down to chat and enjoyed getting to know her better.  

To begin the interview, we asked her two questions: 

Her Campus: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? 

Megan: I would go to Italy. I want to go to Italy because I think it’s my great or my great-great-grandparent’s homeland, I don’t remember. Anyway, I love Italian food. Pesto gnocchi is my favorite dish on this Earth. I think the Amalfi Coast looks incredibly beautiful and I would also want to go to Rome, Florence, and Venice. I think this desire to travel to Italy also came from my Art History class senior year when we learned about Romanesque and Baroque architecture.

HC: What does female empowerment mean to you?

MR: Female empowerment means two things to me: equality and unity. It can be found within the millions of women who participated worldwide in the Women’s March and protested for the protection of their fundamental human rights. It can be found in the women who teach others that the passion, strength, and confidence required to evoke change in this world can be found within themselves. It can be found in the hearts of all the women who are breaking gender norms. Female empowerment is about supporting all women, regardless of whether they’re your neighbor or if they live halfway across the world. It’s about uniting together when your friend is falling apart or when you reach out to help a girl who is a compromising situation even if you don’t know her. It’s about building up your fellow women and not tearing each other apart. To sum it all up, women have a lot of important unfinished business to take care of and nothing on this earth is greater than a group of strong, confident, and empowered women who can do anything they set their hearts and minds to.

We then did a series of rapid fire questions to get to know her a little bit more:

HC: Favorite color?

MR: Blue 

HC: Do you have any pets and if so, what are their names?

MR: I have two cats named Jessie and Luna and a dog named Cocoa Puff. They’re all females (sorry dad) 

HC: Do you have siblings?

MR: I’m an only child

HC: What social media do you use the most?

MR: Facebook

HC: Sweet or sour?

MR: Sweet

HC: Coffee or tea?

M: Coffee

HC: Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?

MR: Dark chocolate

HC: Favorite season?

MR: Spring

HC: Belle or Cinderella?

MR: Belle

HC: Does pineapple go on pizza?

MR: Yes

HC: Favorite ride at Disneyland/California adventure?

MR: Space Mountain 

Original interview conducted by Gloria Villalobos and image courtesy of Megan Reusche

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.