This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We’re extremely excited to present Katie Kim, who just recently joined as a staff writer!

Name:  Katie Kim

Year: Second Year

Major: Pre-Communication Studies

Tell Us About Yourself

I am the daughter of two Bruins, and a lot of my uncles and aunts are Bruins as well. So you could say I was Bruin born and raised!

L.A. is absolutely my favorite city in the world. I grew up in Temecula, which is near San Diego, so going to L.A. would be a fun day trip for my family & I. Being able to go to school here and call this place my home is a dream come true. Being able to be a part of many different aspects of campus has really enabled me to experience such a diverse culture on campus. I love UCLA!

Which clubs are you a part of?

USAC (Student Government), Bruin Newsroom, SFAC, Kappa Delta Sorority, KASA – just to name a few

Do you have a favorite?

I love them all equally, haha!

How do you destress?

Running!! Especially on the track.

What’s your favorite UCLA memory?

Being a total freshman and walking to my classes the night before the first day of school freshman year with my current roommate.

What’s your favorite place to eat in Westwood?

CAVA Grill!

What are you looking forward to in the remainder of this quarter?

I always love Spring Quarter because the weather is nice and there’s always so many fun things to do! I love all the banquets and end-of-the-year activities various student orgs put on. And how you can almost taste summer!

Helen Zapata is a sophomore majoring in English at UCLA. Beyond writing she loves crafting, gardening, planning elaborate birthday parties and reading bad romance novels.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.