Profile: Elizabeth Tran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This week we had the chance to get to know a little bit more about first-year Business Economics student Elizabeth Tran from Morgan Hill, CA.

What extracurricular activities are you involved with on campus?

Currently I am involved in the Bruin Belles Service Association which promotes community service, women’s leadership, and professionalism.

What is your favorite part about being involved in Bruin Belles?

My favorite part about being involved in Bruin Belles is being able to make a direct difference within UCLA and the Los Angeles community alongside other passionate, motivated, and accomplished women. I love being able to give back by participating in philanthropy events such as Reading to Kids, SOAR, Meals on Wheels, and volunteering at the Los Angeles Veteran’s Hospital. I also love all of the people that I have met through Bruin Belles because everyone is so nice and involved in various clubs and organizations around campus. I am constantly being introduced to new things and I can always talk or hang out with any of the Belles!

Where are your favorite places in L.A. that you’ve been to so far?

I have not been able to explore L.A. very much besides Westwood, but from what I have seen I really like Santa Monica, especially Third Street Promenade since I love to shop! I also recently went wall art exploring with my best friend in Hollywood and really enjoyed eating at Joan’s on Third.

What are some of the best memories you have made during your first year at UCLA?

Some of my best memories at UCLA so far have included late night adventures with friends, whether it’s group studying, going out, or just hanging out in each other’s dorm rooms. My personal favorite is one Friday night where my future roommates and I went on a Target run, shopped for 4 hours, ended up buying a TON of junk food, and then hauled it all back to my dorm room. We then watched the Bachelor, talked, and stuffed ourselves with snacks and candy until three in the morning. We even copied part of the Parent Trap where the two girls eat Oreos with peanut butter (I highly recommend trying this). It was super unhealthy but so worth it!

If you could be any famous person for a day, who would you be and why?

If I could be any famous person for a day, I would be Ellen DeGeneres because she is so carefree and confident, plus who doesn’t love Ellen? She also gets to meet and talk to a lot of celebrities, hosts cute and talented kids, plays funny games, and gets to give gifts to many people and make them happy. If I could be Ellen for a day, I think it would be very fun and rewarding to make such a difference in some people’s lives.

Image courtesy of Elizabeth Tran

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.