Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UCLA Features

Isla Vista Tragedy Vigil

By samahpirzada
May 28, 2014 - 5:34pm

Image courtesy of Youmun Alhlou.  On Monday May 26 at 8:00PM, hundreds of UCLA students gathered outside of Royce Hall with candles in hand, standing in solidarity with their UCSB peers. The event was meant to provide an outlet for students to express their feelings and mourn the loss of fellow students at a sister campus. Many people spoke to the crowd about how they were personally affected by the Isla Vista tragedy.  READ MORE

Grupo Folklorico de UCLA Presents "Fiesta Mexicana!"

By Elena Guevara
May 24, 2014 - 3:39pm

Certainly you have seen them practicing on the McClure Stage sometime this year; as you sluggishly walk back home from a long day on campus and are quickly awakened by the guitar and accordion melodies and the rapid tapping of their boot heels on the pavement. This is the Grupo Folklorico de UCLA. The group will be hosting their 7th annual spring showcase, "Fiesta Mexicana!", a celebration of the rich and diverse culture of Mexico, this Sunday, May 25th. It is free and open to the public and will take place in Royce Hall from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sure to be full of great dancing and music, it will be a night you won't want to miss! Their yearlong dedication will certainly payoff. Watch  a behind the scenes look of their 2012 showcase down below!...

UCLA Students Meet Obama

By Anisha Banda
May 11, 2014 - 2:32am

(UCLA Newsroom) A group of 18 students at UCLA had an unbelievable experience last week, as they had the opportunity to meet President Obama at LAX. These students were taking a Fiat Lux course co-instructed by none other than the former White House worker and actor Kal Penn. The students were taking the Fiat Lux "Hope, Change, and First Bumps: Young Americans and The Obama Presidency" that met weekly over the course of Spring Quarter.  READ MORE

NFL Bound Bruins 2014

By Brittany Cowden
May 10, 2014 - 4:40pm

UCLA has always been known for it’s athletic and academic rigor and this year is no exception. As the NFL Draft comes to a close three UCLA football players have found new homes on NFL teams. However, despite significant losses defensively UCLA has a lot to look forward to for the 2014 season with another top recruiting class and the return of both Jim Mora and Brett Hundley.     Anthony Barr READ MORE

Neck Candy for Summer

By Elena Guevara
May 10, 2014 - 2:46am

Neck candy. This not-so-new trend has sustained its popularity for quite some time now. It is a great trend all year long but personally, I find it the best to wear during summer. Layering necklaces adds that extra touch to an outfit without the need of adding an additional layer of clothing (... it's hot out, let's not wear more than we have too. Am I right??). Depending on the style of necklaces you decide to layer, you can achieve a look that will compliment your outfit every time! I love these combos for a casual yet chic feel...   READ MORE

Documented: The Film

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
May 4, 2014 - 3:15pm

Jose Antonio Vargas is a successful journalist who holds the Pulitzer Prize under his belt. However, becoming the person he is was not easy. Overcoming his own challenges while growing up, he decides to make a film on the circumstances. The challenge? Living a life as an undocumented American. While he was in the making of the documentary, he encountered discriminatory remarks; nonetheless, is patient with the criticism he receives. READ MORE

How To: Soft Skin for Summer

By Elena Guevara
May 3, 2014 - 3:40pm

Can we all agree that it has been scorching in Westwood as of late?! Looks like spring is quickly being replaced by summer! Though I do love the dewy, sun-kissed makeup trend for summer (easily achieved by applying a dewy bb cream, bronzer, and highlight), it is important to take care of your natural skin first. After all, going au naturel and showing off that soft clean, skin is the best summer trend. Keep reading to learn how I achieve that soft skin look! READ MORE

Relay For Life at UCLA

By Elizabeth Zhang
April 26, 2014 - 8:25pm

READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Justen Quan

By Elena Guevara
April 26, 2014 - 3:36am

Name: Justen Quan

Year: Third Year

Major: Civil Engineering What animal best describes your personality?
"A dog. At times I can be really mellow and will go with the flow, but if something catches my attention I go crazy." What extra-curricular activities do you enjoy? Are you in any clubs? READ MORE

Bruin Day Sees UCLA Admissions Rates Drop

By Katie Takakjian
April 19, 2014 - 7:58pm

On Saturday morning, thousands of high school seniors, along with their parents, siblings, and other family members swarmed onto campus for UCLA's Bruin Day. Designed to give prospective students a look at what their lives might be like on UCLA's campus, Bruin Day provides a wealth of resources for these students. Much of the undergraduate student population has been recruited to help in some way. Whether it's hosting a new student in their dormitory, giving tours of the campus, or just helping out in the dining halls, UCLA Bruins are helping to usher in a new freshman class. READ MORE