Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UCLA Features

Join HC UCLA!

By Ekta Partani
September 24, 2014 - 5:03pm

Are you passionate about writing and media? Do you love fashion? Do you love your school and want to share your experiences with the world? If so, HerCampus may be exactly what you’re looking for. Whether you’re interested in journalism and article-writing or are just looking for an engaging extracurricular activity to keep you busy, HerCampus would love to have YOU! READ MORE

ICDC College’s Take on Online Education

By Katie Takakjian
September 23, 2014 - 6:52pm

Ever feel like you just can’t walk all the way from your dorm to campus for class? Wouldn’t you be happier if you could just go to class at B Café? Or if you could stay snug in your bed for lecture? And what if your school provided a laptop for you? This just might be reality. Enter ICDC College, a vocational school that happens to kill it at online education (and actually does give students laptops! Seriously…is this real life?). READ MORE

Isla Vista Tragedy Vigil

By samahpirzada
May 28, 2014 - 5:34pm

Image courtesy of Youmun Alhlou.  On Monday May 26 at 8:00PM, hundreds of UCLA students gathered outside of Royce Hall with candles in hand, standing in solidarity with their UCSB peers. The event was meant to provide an outlet for students to express their feelings and mourn the loss of fellow students at a sister campus. Many people spoke to the crowd about how they were personally affected by the Isla Vista tragedy.  READ MORE

Grupo Folklorico de UCLA Presents "Fiesta Mexicana!"

By Elena Guevara
May 24, 2014 - 3:39pm

Certainly you have seen them practicing on the McClure Stage sometime this year; as you sluggishly walk back home from a long day on campus and are quickly awakened by the guitar and accordion melodies and the rapid tapping of their boot heels on the pavement. This is the Grupo Folklorico de UCLA. The group will be hosting their 7th annual spring showcase, "Fiesta Mexicana!", a celebration of the rich and diverse culture of Mexico, this Sunday, May 25th. It is free and open to the public and will take place in Royce Hall from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sure to be full of great dancing and music, it will be a night you won't want to miss! Their yearlong dedication will certainly payoff. Watch  a behind the scenes look of their 2012 showcase down below!...

UCLA Students Meet Obama

By Anisha Banda
May 11, 2014 - 2:32am

(UCLA Newsroom) A group of 18 students at UCLA had an unbelievable experience last week, as they had the opportunity to meet President Obama at LAX. These students were taking a Fiat Lux course co-instructed by none other than the former White House worker and actor Kal Penn. The students were taking the Fiat Lux "Hope, Change, and First Bumps: Young Americans and The Obama Presidency" that met weekly over the course of Spring Quarter.  READ MORE

NFL Bound Bruins 2014

By Brittany Cowden
May 10, 2014 - 4:40pm

UCLA has always been known for it’s athletic and academic rigor and this year is no exception. As the NFL Draft comes to a close three UCLA football players have found new homes on NFL teams. However, despite significant losses defensively UCLA has a lot to look forward to for the 2014 season with another top recruiting class and the return of both Jim Mora and Brett Hundley.     Anthony Barr READ MORE

Neck Candy for Summer

By Elena Guevara
May 10, 2014 - 2:46am

Neck candy. This not-so-new trend has sustained its popularity for quite some time now. It is a great trend all year long but personally, I find it the best to wear during summer. Layering necklaces adds that extra touch to an outfit without the need of adding an additional layer of clothing (... it's hot out, let's not wear more than we have too. Am I right??). Depending on the style of necklaces you decide to layer, you can achieve a look that will compliment your outfit every time! I love these combos for a casual yet chic feel...   READ MORE

Documented: The Film

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
May 4, 2014 - 3:15pm

Jose Antonio Vargas is a successful journalist who holds the Pulitzer Prize under his belt. However, becoming the person he is was not easy. Overcoming his own challenges while growing up, he decides to make a film on the circumstances. The challenge? Living a life as an undocumented American. While he was in the making of the documentary, he encountered discriminatory remarks; nonetheless, is patient with the criticism he receives. READ MORE

How To: Soft Skin for Summer

By Elena Guevara
May 3, 2014 - 3:40pm

Can we all agree that it has been scorching in Westwood as of late?! Looks like spring is quickly being replaced by summer! Though I do love the dewy, sun-kissed makeup trend for summer (easily achieved by applying a dewy bb cream, bronzer, and highlight), it is important to take care of your natural skin first. After all, going au naturel and showing off that soft clean, skin is the best summer trend. Keep reading to learn how I achieve that soft skin look! READ MORE

Relay For Life at UCLA

By Elizabeth Zhang
April 26, 2014 - 8:25pm

READ MORE