This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Described as being a movie that “succeeds in respecting the facts of history and the personality of its hero, and in reminding audiences why he mattered” by the New York Times, 42 has gotten rave reviews from the critics. As the life story of a famous Bruin, Jackie Robinson (yes, our baseball stadium is named after him), it is definitely one that will be sure to move you whether you love baseball or not.

Jackie Robinson’s humbling story puts him in the hall of fame (pun totally intended) for one of the greatest sports heroes of all time. He changed the face of America’s favorite pastime and put it on the path to becoming the sport it is today. In 1947, Jackie Robinson, donned in his famous Brooklyn Dodgers #42 jersey, was the first man to break color barrier in Major League Baseball.

If you’re in the mood for the inspiring, the nail biting, and the captivating, then look no further. So whether you’re a baseball kinda girl or not, grab yourself and a cutie and take a trip down Westwood to watch this movie that will keep you both happy!

UCLA '15 Major: Psychobiology Hometown: San Jose
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.