Mercury In Retrograde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Every time finals week or midterm week come along I always pick up a new “hobby.” Anything to avoid studying, right? Some of theses hobbies I follow through and some I leave behind. Fall 2015, during finals week, I got really into astrology. This is one of those hobbies I have kept up with.  As anyone who follow astrology will tell you, we currently living through Mercury’s retrograde!

Astronomically speaking, Mercury retrograde means that Earth is orbiting around the sun much slower than mercury. Because of this Mercury appears to be moving backward, in a retrograde motion

According to astrology, during this time we experience a lot of chaos, confusion, communication issues, relationship problems, and schedule changes. This is because Mercury is the represent the messenger planet. In other words, if you feel like your life is going downhill you can blame it on Mercury retrograde.

However, there are some pros to Mercury retrograde. At this time it is a good idea to revisit old projects that didn’t work out so well. This is also a good time to reconnect with people that you lost contact with.

Mercury retrograde occurs every 3 to 4 years. The days for this years Mercury retrograde are April28 to May 22, August 30 to September 22, and December 19 to 31.

Images courtesy of NASA, giphy.com

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.