Melinda Gates Speaks at UCLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This past Wednesday, November 5th, Melinda Gates, co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, spoke at the Anderson School of Management as the featured speaker for UCLA’s Arnold C. Harberger Distinguished Lecture on Economic Development. Her speech revolved around the necessity of investing in women’s health and making family planning a central focus of development. In most cases, she claimed, investing in even the lowest levels of education for women, reaps substantial benefits for the women and their communities. Be sure to watch her entire talk at http://www.international.ucla.edu/institute/event/10775

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.