Meet Cassie Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Cassie Moore aka Smoore. Cassie Moore is a celebrity of UCLA and soon to be a celebrity of life. By day she is a student, art protector a contemporary art museum  and a content production  intern at a prominent post house that makes feature film trailers and DVD featurettes, by night you can catch her painting the town of West Hollywood. Cassie Moore is a proud native of Sacramento, CA she has only lived in Los Angeles for about a year now, but she has already taken the area by storm. She has created award winning music videos for UCLA’s film and photography society (FPS),been featured in Iggy Azalea’s Fancy music video and saved Jack Black’s life.  She is very passionate about the film industry and dreams about changing the world with her work.  

Major/Minor:

Anthropology /Film

Why do you want to peruse a career in film?

I want to pursue a career in film because ever since I was a little girl I was captivated by the screen. I remember one time my mom was trying to get me to tie my shoes to leave the house and she couldn’t get me to move because the TV was on and I was fixated on the screen. The television and the theater offer a much needed escape to people in their everyday lives and I want to be able to provide that to them.

Do you have memories the first film you saw in theaters?

I don’t remember the first film I saw in theaters but I know one of the first was The Lion King. I loved that movie so much! When it came out on VHS I watched it so many times the tape wore out. I loved memorizing all the lines and reenacting them. I love going to the theaters though. There’s something special about sitting in a room with strangers and enjoying something together. I love to hear other people laugh and gasp at the same scenes, it’s something really magical and communal that many other art forms don’t have.

You are always having encounters with big celebrities what is your favorite story?

I have met several famous people but one of the best has to be meeting Jack Black. I was working a special event at the museum and they put me in charge of protecting a stained glass sculpture. This piece was right in front of the bar so the area got extremely congested. There were small ropes set up around the piece but people couldn’t really see them because they were low to the ground. I caught probably around 20 people that night from falling into the piece and one of them was Mr. Black. I saw he was about to trip over the rope and stuck out my hand and stabs lizard him and he was so sweet! He turned to me and said thank you so much and that I saved his life and that I basically prevented a disaster. It was one of the best moments of my life! 

Favorite memory at UCLA?

My favorite memory at UCLA would have to be when my dorm floor helped me make a music video to Till the World Ends (Femme Fatale Remix). We had to make a video in a week and it was right around finals so everyone was swamped but they still all helped out above and beyond! One girl choreographed an entire dance sequence for us and then all seven of us would practice for hours every night together. I was so sore; walking would make me tear up. We got everything filmed and edited in time and we made something that was truly beautiful and a group effort that really paid off. I am so grateful to everyone who helped out on that shoot and I really felt like it brought us all together because five of the people in it are now my roommates.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.