This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Have you ever meant to go to John Wooden for that late night workout but then be distracted by that oh-so-tempting De Neve late night smell? Or the savory scent of a Cafe 1919 pizza? How about the sudden craving of a smoothie from B-Cafe? Well don’t worry, you’re not aloneThe (not so sad) reality is that it’s way easier to swipe for late night than it is to walk all the way down to Wooden. Luckily, that won’t be the case anymore thanks to B-Fit, the brand new gym on the hill!

Located underneath B-plate, the health-conscious dining hall, B-fit has equipment that suits everyone’s needs.

This includes over 60 cardio machines including spin bikes, treadmills, elliptical, etc. (The best part about this is the TVs at every station so you can watch the FoodNetwork to your heart’s content!) and boasts over 50 strength machines, comprised of free weights, and squat racks – not to mention the impressive treadmill- rock wall.

We interviewed Jenna Minami , fellow gym go-er and hill resident and this is what she had to say:

What made you decide to come to B-fit?

I’ve been going to to John Wooden ever since school started, but then I heard about B-fit. It’s more convenient and it’s easier to go to later at night because it feels safer than walking all the way over to Wooden. It’s also surprisingly less crowded than Wooden.There’s a lot of new equipment and everything’s clean!

Would you say you prefer this gym Wooden then? 

Yeah! The environment’s different. I see a lot more students my age – that’s cool to see.

True! I always see a bunch of professors there ! Any other words on B-fit? Would you recommend this to everyone living on the Hill?

Yes! This is a great place to try something new. Since it’s not as crowded you don’t have to worry about holding up people. You can take your time and try out different equipment. Whether you want to try resistance training or endurance training, this gym is great for everything.

So there you have it. Stop by B-fit any time!

Its hours are:

Monday – Thursday 6 am to 1:00am

Friday  6 am to 9:30pm

It’s also open on the weekend.

Gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Photography provided by Helen Zapata

Shout out to Jenna who let us interrupt her workout for this! Thank you!

Helen Zapata is a sophomore majoring in English at UCLA. Beyond writing she loves crafting, gardening, planning elaborate birthday parties and reading bad romance novels.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.