Keep Your New Year’s Resolution: 5 Healthy Eateries in Westwood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Happy 2016 Her Campus readers! To start our New Year’s Resolutions of becoming healthier, more fit, or even losing weight, here are some of the healthiest (and tastiest) places to eat in Westwood. 

1.       Native Foods Cafe – The People’s Choice

The most popular choice for healthy eating is hands down Native Foods, which is quite possibly one of the only fast-food-yet-exclusively-vegan eateries to exist. Created in 1994, Native Foods Café is 100% plant-based dining, with all items being made fresh daily, including (free) drinks such as lavender lemonade or watermelon-mint juice.

2.       Veggie Grill – The Runnerup

Another exclusively vegan joint, The Veggie grill is hailed as one of the tastiest-yet-healthy places to dine. A look at their mission statement gives us hope that we can keep our New Year’s Resolutions. “We see you as one of us. Not as a diet, but as a person. As someone seeking out the veggie… and the fruit, the grain and the nut. We see you as veggie positive.”

3.       Le Pain Quotidian – For the Friends who Eat-Well-Together

Le pain quotidian means “the daily bread,” and who better to share bread (or a roasted turkey and avocado tartine) with than your friends? Keeping your New Year’s resolution is hard, but having good friends who encourage you every step of the way makes it easier.

4.       Panini Café – For the Protein lover

What could be better than mediterranean food with an organic twist? All meat-based dishes, mouth-watering kababs, and crispy paninis are made from beef, chicken, turkey, and lamb that were never exposed to growth hormones or antibiotics.  

5.       800 Degrees – Reduced Guilt Pizza

Pizza? Healthy? You’re probably thinking I’m crazy. Or you totally agree with this place making the list. 800 degrees is a DIY pizza eatery. Besides being crazy delicious, you can customize your pizza with healthy options. Instead of regular dough, get gluten free, instead of mozzarella cheese, why not vegan? Forego peperroni for green and red bell peppers for a pizza that’s both wholesome and delicious.

Eating healthy can be hard. It’s discouraging at times, especially when surrounded by places such as Chipotle and In-N-Out and Diddy Riese. However, don’t feel too hopeless.  Eating healthy is all about moderation, do what you feel is right and don’t beat yourself up for falling off the bandwagon. Just brush yourself off and try again! Above all, stay safe and enjoy 2016 to the fullest!

Native Foods Cafe: 1114 Gayley Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90024

Veggie Grill: 10916 Lindbrook Dr. 

Los Angeles, CA 90024

Le Pain Quotidian:1122 Gayley Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90024

Panini Cafe: 10861 Lindbrook Drive

Los Angeles,CA 90024

800 Degrees: 10889 Lindbrook Drive

Los Angeles, CA 90024

Helen Zapata is a sophomore majoring in English at UCLA. Beyond writing she loves crafting, gardening, planning elaborate birthday parties and reading bad romance novels.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.