I Crashed Arie’s Doggie Group Date on ‘The Bachelor’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As a lifetime fan of The Bachelor, I was very excited to hear that Arie was filming a group date at The Grove in Los Angeles and that it was open to the public.

After standing in line and mingling with my fellow Bachelor Nation fans for an hour, about 100 of us were lucky enough to get a seat for the show. As I’m waiting for the producers to finish seating the audience, two famous faces ends up in the seats behind me- Dean and Alex.

Dean and Alex were both super sweet and chatted about their experiences on the show and took photos with all of the fans. Chris Harrison also posed for photos making my fangirl dreams come true.

Then we got to see each girl go up on stage and do tricks with their puppies in their ridiculous costumes as Arie sits back and relaxes. 

The doggie show progressed like a story of The Bachelor, starting with puppies coming out of a pretend limo and ending with a doggie wedding. Each girl was either a trainer, pooper scooper, or a prop (such as a tree or a car) in the show. 

Best part were all the babies and puppies in the audience, who literally started walking onto the stage and stole the show.

Click here to check out the clip of the group date from week 3 of The Bachelor.

Photos Courtesy of Sara Zaghi

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com