This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Students Callie Chen, Nolan Isozaki, and Meghana Munnangi drenched in color while celebrating Holi!

This past Thursday, tons of students exited Sunset Rec in large groups of smiling faces, happily covered in brightly colored powder. What were they doing, exactly? Celebrating Holi, of course! Holi, also called the festival of colors, is an annual Hindu festival that celebrates spring’s arrival through a high-spirited event where people come together and throw colored powder or colored water at each other! Always an exciting, fun, and beautiful celebration,  Holi at UCLA is a great way for fellow Bruins to unite and celebrate the commencement of this beautiful season. Thanks to USAC Office of the President, Indian Student Union at UCLA, Indus, USAC General Representative, and UCLA Global Connections Council for putting on such a vibrant, memorable celebration!

Sophomores Brithany Marbun and Brittany Zambrano covered in beautiful colors after the Holi festival!

Christina is a second-year Psychology major. She loves Netflix, chocolate, and exploring new places.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.