HerCampus Tries Feast At Rieber!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

FEAST at Rieber is UCLA’s newest addition to its residential dining services.  It is one of the only university residential restaurants in the nation that specializes completely in Pan-Asian cuisine.  Feast is unique because it focuses on seven different Asian cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian, and Hawaiian. I had the chance to go try Feast last week and was thoroughly impressed at the wide variety of options to choose from.  They had a stir-fry station, sushi, spring rolls, dumplings, sandwiches, a salad bar, several types of rice, flatbreads, traditional soups and more, but the best part about Feast is that the food tasted so authentic.  Plus, it has plenty of options for vegetarians and vegans.  I had heard that the food was very good quality, but I was a little worried that I wouldn’t like the selection of items.  Not only did I like everything I tried, but there was so much more I wanted to try!  It’s safe to say that no matter what type of meal you are looking for, you will find something you like at Feast.  Also, the atmosphere is a nice change from the other residential restaurants on campus.  With warm earth-toned furnishings and bamboo accents along with themed music, I felt like I was at PF Changs or some other nice restaurant!  I would give Feast a “5 star” rating and I hope that you get to try it soon!  Check out the website http://www.feastatrieber.org/to find out more information!

*See what the UCLA newsroom has to say about Feast with the link below!

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/ucla-s-innovative-feast-at-rieber-218203.aspx

Nicole Cremer is currently a sophomore at UCLA majoring in Neuroscience. She has a passion for journalism and loves being involved in a variety of extra-curricular activities, including doing research at the UCLA Brain Tumor institute, volunteering with Global Medical Brigades where she traveled to Ghana this past winter to provide health care to over 1,200 people, contributing to the Daily Bruin newspaper as a Video Reporter, and being a part of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. Before becoming the Her Campus Campus Correspond for UCLA, she was a founding member of Her Campus UCLA and wrote a weekly health blog. In her spare time, Nicole enjoys exploring new restaurants and sites around Los Angeles, listening to country music, running (and training for half marathons…maybe a full one someday!), hiking, and spending as much time as she can at the beach!
Madeline Hunt is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. Originally from the laidback beach-town of Santa Barbara, the California native finds the fast-paced nature and eccentricity of LA extremely exciting. Once more, she decided to expand her horizons when she studied abroad this past fall in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Madeline wants to pursue a career in the entertainment industry and is considering broadcast journalism and public relations as potential options. On campus, she is currently the Public Relations & Marketing Director for the student- run organization Fashion and Student Trends and an intern at E! News. She served as an entertainment reporter on UCLA’s accredited student newspaper, The Daily Bruin, under the video division and is a current member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. During her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, exercising, going to the beach, shopping (online shopping will be the death of her!), reading Glamour and Cosmo, eating Mexican food and sushi, spending time with her friends, practicing her Spanish, and satisfying her weakness for caffeine with Starbuck’s lattes.