Fit for a modern day Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Sorry HP Fans, there’s no couple here.

After a week from Valentines Day, there were recent rumors that sparked around the well-loved Emma Watson.

After announcing her role as Belle in the upcoming Disney remake of Beauty and the Beast just a couple of weeks ago, new rumors sparked from Australian Magazine Woman’s Day reported that Prince Harry had been “secretly dating” the famed #HeforShe UN Goodwill Ambassador.

Comments sparked everywhere when many fans took it to many major social media sites from Facebook to Twitter claiming that they dreamed of shipping Watson, 24, and Prince Harry, 30 as the new royal couple.

It wasn’t far from the Harry Potter fans to comment in reference to Watson’s former role as the famed and quick witted Hermione Granger – that she has a thing for red heads or that she was meant to be with Harry or even the connection to the name in general.

Just recently, Watson took it to Twitter reminding her beloved fans to not believe what many tabloids say.

Watson states in her tweet :

Her following tweet came with a link and said, “also… marrying a Prince [is] not a prerequisite for being a Princess.”

I applaud Watson for responding with a great sense of humor in her motherly like comment. Her following comment about “marrying a Prince” proves that she totally has the ultimate girl power and that being a Princess doesn’t mean marrying a Prince for a title. You are your own self entitled and independent Princess. Watson’s comment truly highlight’s her fitting position as the UN Goodwill Ambassador for Women.

Watson clearly (in my opinion) fits perfectly well in her upcoming role as Disney’s remake of Belle. Having the intelligence, beauty, and empowerment through her passion for #HeforShe gives her points beyond the Hogwarts House Cup.

Image Source via Getty Images and Twitter. 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.