Fall ‘17 Trend Alert: “DECONSTRUCTED CLASSICS”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Summer is slowly coming to an end, meaning it’s finally time to put away our favorite cutoffs and throw on our biggest, most oversized sweatshirts. Elle’s recent trend report for this fall inspired us to take some of these trends and turn them into oh-so campus friendly outfits for the beginning of the school year.

Deconstructed classics are every girl’s dream – oversized yet totally chic, this trend is undoubtedly my favorite for the season. Chloé had a particularly swoon-worthy lineup with baggy sweaters and trousers that would rival any XXL hoodie. As for my own closet, my deconstructed denim jacket from Yesstyle is my go-to when I’m looking for comfort and chic appeal. On the days I want to put extra effort, I’ll pair it with more structured pieces, like this skirt and off the shoulder top, to really accentuate the bagginess of the jacket. 

Photos by Haven Kim (Haven Kim Photography)

Katie is a Junior studying Communications at UCLA. In her spare time, she can be found blogging (katiexkim) and almost always reading the latest edition of Vogue.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.