Event Recap: Making Cards for Veterans on Bruinwalk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

On Tuesday, May 23, our Her Campus UCLA staff volunteered time out of their day to hold a card making event for our veterans in honor of Memorial Day. We set up a table on Bruinwalk and had a lot of colorful art supplies for students to create heartfelt cards to be delivered to our country’s veterans.

HC staff member Micaela spent her shift focusing very hard on creating her Memorial Day card.

We had a lot of colorful and fun supplies to choose from! 

​HC staff member Katie was ready to help out with any questions the students had.

HC staff member Mackie was all smiles as she waited for students to arrive and make cards.

A member of UCLA’s ROTC program stopped by to make a card.

The final product! Thank you to everyone who stopped by!

To our U.S. Military men and women everywhere: thank you for your service.

Photos courtesy of Sara Zaghi 

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.