Empathy Rocks Bel Air!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This past weekend, Children’s Mending Hearts (CMH) hosted their 9th annual “Empathy Rocks!” fundraiser. CMH provides thousands of children with educational art programs to develop their creative minds and empathetic hearts. Special guests Wilmer Valderrama and Rowan Blanchard were honored for their commitment to inspiring kids and their communities. And on a sunny day in L.A., attendees were ready to celebrate and donate to this amazing foundation!

The Walton-Laurie Estate was beautiful, colorful and fun for our day in Bel Air. As the finishing touches came together, it was clear that the vendors at this event were a true representation of the CMH message. From the photo booth run by “Mini Maven” magazine to the Organic Candy Factory, home to the first organic and kosher gummy bear, started by 12-year old Ginger herself! KicKee Pants was even assembling care packages filled with baby clothes for teen moms in foster care. This event was truly about giving back, empowering our children—and ourselves!—to use our creativity to make the world a better place.

Thank you to Children’s Mending Hearts for inviting us! We left the event inspired and motivated to take on the world with empathy, compassion, and a little bit of cotton candy magic!

Victoria is a Nor-Cal transplant and fourth-year Biochemistry major at UCLA. She hopes to one day have marble kitchen countertops, own the perfect slouchy sweater, and be the kind of doctor who handpicks ornaments when she decorates her office for Christmas. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.