Dress Your Feet in Style This Spring at FlipFlopShops!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

A new franchise has been popping up all over the United States. From sunny California to the distant Texas, FlipFlopShops have been outfitting their customers in the trendiest and hottest flip-flops. This wardrobe staple for any So. Cal. student has been revamped for spring with flip-flops from numerous brands adding color and detail into their products. Finally us flip-flop fans can switch out our old blah Rainbows for more fun and stylish options so even our feet can be on trend this spring! Here are some of the latest styles in stores now at FlipFlopShops!

O’neill came out with very fashionable and flirty styles. Their “Woodstock” has a teal braided strap with a brown rubber foot bed: a chic bohemian look that will look great with floral sundresses! Their “Crystal Cove” also models the popular T-strap style in this season’s hottest color: olive! Adorable from all angles, this sandal is sure to a best seller.

Reef also tailored to fashionable women, like our own Bruinettes, in their spring collection. “Miss Braidy” is a striking gold cage sandal with a soft leather foot bed in a trendy gladiator style. Reef also embraced the detail trend with beads this season, featuring the “Ah-Sy-Ee” with acai beads from the Amazon interwoven into the leather strap and “Ugandal 3,” which features hand-made beads of recycled paper made by women in Uganda. With extra soft padding and a slightly raised heel, the “Ugandal 3” is a sandal that can be dressed up or down with the spring’s bright colors and designs.

In terms of flip-flops that will be most fitting for our own marathon of a campus, Sanuk has reinvented their “Yoga Mat” sandals with more delicate and feminine style. The “Yoga Spree” and “Yoga Twist” are hands-down some of the most comfortable flip-flops you will slip those pedicured toes into. Featuring a tempurpedic foot bed made of yoga mat material, you can feel like you are walking on clouds even as you descend up The Hill, Bruinwalk or Janss steps.

Sanuk even came out with bright new colors on their “June Bug” Sidewalk Surfers, like the turquoise ones featured. These Surfers have Sanuk’s signature sandal bottom with a canvas top, giving the appearance of a slip-on shoe. Competing with brands such as Tom’s, these shoes can actually be washed and treated just as you would a regular flip-flop. So adorable and so comfy, these are a great option for close-toed events or for those who choose a skateboard as their main means of transportation.

And for those who still insist that it is necessary to wear tennis shoes across campus because of the support they lend, no worries! Olukai’s “Kumu” features and orthotic foot bed with the same arch and heel support one would find in a pair of Nikes. This style is all leather and picks up on the gold trend with its dazzling strap. I promise your feet will not feign in these flip-flops! This top-of-the-line brand is known to prevent tired feet in the name of luxury and style.

FlipFlopsShops are located all along the California coast, from Santa Barbara to San Diego. But lucky for us, UCLA students have two close locations at Universal’s Citywalk and Canoga Park, with two more locations opening soon in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. And just for our Her Campus readers, customers at these shops will receive 10% off when mentioning our website! I guarantee you will find your perfect spring flip-flop among their hundreds of styles. Don’t forget to pass this onto the men of our campus as well, we want everyone to live out the words of the FlipFlopShops logo: “Free Your Toes!”

Madeline Hunt is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. Originally from the laidback beach-town of Santa Barbara, the California native finds the fast-paced nature and eccentricity of LA extremely exciting. Once more, she decided to expand her horizons when she studied abroad this past fall in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Madeline wants to pursue a career in the entertainment industry and is considering broadcast journalism and public relations as potential options. On campus, she is currently the Public Relations & Marketing Director for the student- run organization Fashion and Student Trends and an intern at E! News. She served as an entertainment reporter on UCLA’s accredited student newspaper, The Daily Bruin, under the video division and is a current member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. During her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, exercising, going to the beach, shopping (online shopping will be the death of her!), reading Glamour and Cosmo, eating Mexican food and sushi, spending time with her friends, practicing her Spanish, and satisfying her weakness for caffeine with Starbuck’s lattes.