This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Every two years for the past 8 years, I have looked forward to attending the D23 Expo. This special Disney event occurs one summer weekend every other year at the Anaheim Convention Center. The D23 Expo is the ultimate Disney fan event and my favorite time of the year. It’s when all my favorite ABC, Freeform, & Disney stars- past and present- come together to celebrate all things Disney. Here are some of my highlights from the expo:

Being able to spend time with my BFF and share our love of Disney

No better time to sit and catch up with your busy bestie than while waiting in line to go to a panel.

Meeting the hilariously talented kids of all my favorite ABC sitcoms.

While it is hard to fangirl over kids younger than myself, they were all really cute and had a great panel. Loved seeing cast members from all my favorite shows like Modern Family, Blackish, Fresh off the Boat, and more all together talking about their personal lives and their careers.

Going on my Disneyland Diet

Which means I eat anything with chocolate it on. Oreos are highly recommended too. No salad allowed. Even my coffee was showing it’s Disney side

“The Coffee Artist” Michael Breach was there doing custom Disney themed coffee art. Watching him draw Thor on top of a cup of coffee was so mesmerizing.

​Becoming an honorary Disney Voluntears

I got to help package superhero kits for homeless youth- a cause that is super important to me. We packed Disney themed surprises including coloring books, crayons, and cape fabric for each hero.

Bumping into REAL LIFE DISNEY PRINCESSES 

and other fabulous people dressed up in their best Disney gear.

So thankful to have had such a magical time at the D23 Expo. Can’t wait until the next one in 2019!

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.