This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This week the world experienced a tragic loss of three incredible young people, 23-year-old Deah Shaddy Barakat, 21 year old Yusor Mohammand, and 19 year old Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha were victims of a violent shooting in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. All three of them were greatly involved with Habitat for Humanity and Deah established a charity project to help Syrian refugees with dental care.  Deah had a goal to raise $20,000, the donations are now reaching over  $300,000. Hate can take the life of innocent people, but it cannot take away their legacy. If you would like to continue the humanitarian spirit of these beautiful individuals please follow this link and consider donating: 

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/syrian-dental-relief/206249

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.