Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UCLA Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: Roy Kim

By Kelly Cheuk Ying Ho
April 14, 2014 - 4:21am

Name: Roy Kim Year: Third-year Exchange Student from South Korea Major: Psychology What’s your favorite UCLA memory? I’m a member of the A Capella group “Awechords” and we’ve performed at many concerts. The best memory is our performance at Vietnamese Culture Night (If you’re interested, search Youtube channel Awechords and check it out!) READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Lenny Nguyen

By Anisha Banda
April 7, 2014 - 10:04am

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself! Where are you from, what are a few of your favorite things, etc. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Jessica Valles

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
March 16, 2014 - 6:01am

Jessica Valles is one of the most talented artists that UCLA has the pleasure of having. Her work of art is something to look upon and admire. On top of her passion for drawing, she also has a fascination and passion for literature, and plans one day to publish her own book. Her works have included writing an autobiography, fantasy fiction, and romance. Being an English major, Jessica loves what she does and hopes to one day publish her work for the world to read. Below the interview you can see her works of art that she manages to do all while keeping on top of her school work! 1.      What inspires what you write? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Jason Bateman

By Elizabeth Zhang
March 9, 2014 - 11:30pm

On Tuesday, March 4, actor Jason Bateman graced us Bruins with his prescence in Ackerman Grand Ballroom for the free sneak screening of his new movie, Bad Words, of which he directed and acted in the leading role. The event was hosted by the Campus Events Commission, and reservations were available online until tickets sold out. After the screening, Bateman arrived for a short Q+A session, where students were able to ask him questions about his life and his other projects. So, here are some highlights from his Q+A session:  READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Allyson Bach

By Katie Takakjian
March 4, 2014 - 12:05pm

Name: Allyson Bach Major: Political Science, Urban Planning Minor Year: 3rd year Hometown: Huntington Beach, CA     1. What made you decide to come to UCLA?   READ MORE

Campus Celebrities: Westwood to Hollywood

By samahpirzada
February 23, 2014 - 5:33am

UCLA has been home to some of the hottest (and smartest) stars in Hollywood and the entertainment industry.  James Franco:  Franco majored in English, but dropped out after one year to pursue his acting career. He returned to UCLA as a guest professor.  Kal Penn:  READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Samantha Ong

By Kelly Cheuk Ying Ho
February 17, 2014 - 2:57am

Picture Credit: ACA Bruins This week, we managed to snag an interview with Samantha Ong, a second-year international student from Singapore, who is striving to create her own major: Aesthetics (a combination of Art History and Philosophy). This girl is also involved in a ton of different campus organizations, and in her spare time (if any!) she likes to dance, swim, practice martial arts, and read food blogs. Her Campus: Describe your personality in three words! Samantha Ong: I’m a flowerchild. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Kirsten Fargas

By Anisha Banda
February 9, 2014 - 6:47pm

This week's Campus Celebrity is Kirsten Fargas - who happens to be one of my best friends and role models! Q:First things first, what are the most important thing we need to know about your personality?
A: Well, something that people notice about me right off the bat is that I'm pretty outgoing and fun. I love talking to and just being around people. I get addicted to TV shows really easily. (I literally spent days watching Misfits when I first heard about it.) But that doesn't mean I spend my life on a couch! I'm also really passionate about what I the work I do for my community, which is why I decided to run for Kabalikat Kore coordinator. READ MORE

Campus Style Blog

By Katie Takakjian
February 9, 2014 - 2:22pm

With the temperature finally dropping, it's time to pull out some cute sweaters to get cozy in! This week's Campus Style Blog is dedicated to that comfy pullover or that cute wrap - stay warm, everyone!   READ MORE

UCLA Alumna Sara Bareilles’ Take-Over of the Grammy’s

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
February 2, 2014 - 1:30pm

On Sunday, January 26, 2014, Bruin Sara Bareilles appeared at the 56th annual Grammy’s, where she was nominated for two honorable categories: Best Pop Solo Performance and Grammy of the Year for her latest album The Blessed Unrest. From a variety of interviews, she has stated her surprise and shock when she found out and even made it her Twitter background. Bareilles beat out many critically acclaimed artists for a spot in the Top 5, including Justin Timberlake’s 20/20 Experience and Kanye West’s Yeezus. She competed against Taylor Swift’s Red, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ The Heist, and Kendrick Lamar’s, Good Kidd, M.A.A.D. City. READ MORE...