Campus Cutie: Vanessa Lopez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Well rounded student Vanessa Lopez has the complete package: beauty, brains, and not to mention someone who dedicates time in the morning to go for morning runs. With her crazy schedule this quarter, she still manages to hold a job all while being on top of her academic game. A modest young lady, she always knocks down any obstacle in order to achieve success. I had the pleasure of interviewing Vanessa and getting close to her superb personality that leaves everyone smiling.

1. How do you manage to make time for everything going on right now, especially with midterms around the corner?

I just make sure I am very productive with my time; I like to set goals with my time so I can get everything accomplished.

1. How has UCLA shaped you to become the person you are today?

I’m more responsible with my time now, but overall I feel like a more responsible person. I focus on managing my time as best I can.

1. What do you think UCLA has offered you than no other college can provide?

The academic rigor of classes, especially my GE Cluster of Environment. I don’t think other colleges offer course clusters that complete my GE’s quicker so I suggest taking advantage of them, since there are a lot of amazing topics to choose from.

1. Do you have any personal goals you want to accomplish here before graduating? If so, what are they?

I want to do an internship in whatever major I decide to pursue and then I want to make the most of my academic experience. I would also like to be able to master whatever major I decide to follow and be able to give back to my community later on.

1. If someone asked you about the resources UCLA provides, what is one thing you would tell them to take advantage of?

I would say AAP (Academic Advancement Program) because it’s something that provides you academic support that probably other colleges don’t offer. Make and keep the connections you make and keeping people in your lives, build strong relationships, and network.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.