Campus Cutie: Chris Mazmanian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Chris Mazmanian, the second-year Chem-E with some pretty slick moves—on and off the dance floor!

Major: Chemical Engineering

Hometown: Bakersfield, CA

Relationship status: Single Pringle (I’m an engineer)

HC: Okay, so what’s something most people wouldn’t know about you?

CM: I’m really good at the recorder. Like the fourth grade instrument? I got really bored over summer a couple years ago and I just took that out everywhere that we went and I would play it in the car for two-hour trips to Fresno or L.A.

HC: That’s amazing. Can you play any songs?

CM: My most hyped are probably Darude, “Sandstorm” and “Billy Jean”.

HC: What’s the coolest thing about being a chemical engineering major?

CM: That’s a hard question. I don’t know if we’re cool. Well, drinking is for people who are 21 and older. But from what I’ve found out, every chemical engineer, once they hit 21, is really good at distilling their own beer. Budweiser actually hires chemical engineers to make their beer. There’s a Chem-E that’s interning there.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about dancing with Foundations Choreography?

CM: According to my team, I hit the whip so hard I might accidentally split the San Andreas Fault. Practicing in parking lots until 4 A.M. was rough but you create bonds with people in some ways you never could otherwise!

HC: Okay so, fun questions. What’s your biggest turn off?

CM: If you can’t keep a conversation going. Regardless of what you look like, if I can’t talk to you I’m not going to attempt to talk to you again. Just because I like to talk a lot! I’m a very social person.

HC: What do you wish girls knew about guys?

CM: Sometimes the guys you find the most intimidating are the chillest you’re going to see. I’ve had multiple girls that I get along with well now that did not want to talk to me because they were like, “Oh, he’s probably a jerk.” I guess because I have the side-shave I look like a frat star, and they thought, “Oh, I don’t know, he seems intimidating.”

HC: What do you wish you knew about girls?

CM: That is a good question. I guess the part of a dude that they find the most attractive. Because it’s different for every girl, and it’s really hard to find it, because not everybody thinks the same thing obviously. So I’d capitalize on what I had and let the girls go that didn’t like me for what I had.

HC: If you had to pick one phrase for your life motto, what would it be?

CM: Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday you were talking about doing it tomorrow so you might as well do it. Just do it. If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.

HC: Love it. So, rapid fire:

Least favorite food? My stomach is literally a black hole. I eat everything.

Would you rather: plan a date or be spontaneous? Spontaneous.

Favorite movie? “School of Rock.” I am—was—a band geek.

Go-to karaoke song? It’s between “You See Me” by Childish Gambino and “Lose Yourself” by Eminem. Oh, I also do “Bye Bye Bye” by *NSYNC.

If you could trade lives with any person, real or fictional, who would it be? Justin Timberlake!

Victoria is a Nor-Cal transplant and fourth-year Biochemistry major at UCLA. She hopes to one day have marble kitchen countertops, own the perfect slouchy sweater, and be the kind of doctor who handpicks ornaments when she decorates her office for Christmas. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.