This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Name: Cara Lam           

Year: 2nd          

Major: Psychology and Egyptology      

What is your most memorable moment at UCLA?

Out of so many ridiculous and funny moments I’ve had with UCLA so far, I really have to say the Undies Run is my favorite. What’s more overwhelming than being swept along by a sea of almost-naked people screaming, jumping, and galloping up the Bruinwalk and around Royce, where solemnity and composure usually prevail? This is surely something American that I’ll forever remember when I go back home!

What clubs or activities are you currently involved in?

I am the coxswain in the men’s rowing team right now (waking up at 5/6am every morning!), since the women’s team doesn’t need anymore coxswains. I’m a member of the Alpha Lampda Delta & Phi Eta Sigma Honor Societies, Psi Chi National Society for Psychology and Le Cercle Françophone d’UCLA (A French club), and the Community Representative for my floor in Sproul Cove. I’m really trying to get myself as involved as possible! College will be a blast with all this on my plate.

Favorite study spot on campus?

I really like the grass slopes near Janss Steps. Studying there in a lazy afternoon with the mild breeze against your face… it should make it to the list of 1001 things to do before you die.

What classes are you taking right now?

I’m taking French 1, Psych100B (Research Methods), Psych127c (Abnormal Psychology in the Development Perspective) and AN N EA M103B (Ancient Egyptian Civilizations)

What do you look for in a guy?

Wow, this is getting deep! A perfect guy should always be a gentleman, one who opens the door for girls, has a good sense of humor, is forgiving, caring, supportive, and should always remember important dates like the girl’s birthday, first kiss/first date/two year anniversaries and such! 

Weirdest place you’ve been hit on?

My own room…. When my roomie’s friends from home came visit and I started talking about my high school life in Australia. One of the guys found it really interesting…

What do you do in your spare time?

Don’t judge, but I watch dramas a lot, haha!

Which celebrity would you love to date?

Bradley Cooper. Thanks to UCLA’s proximity to the Bruin Theatre, I took a picture with Brad at a premiere and instantly fell in love with him!

Nicknames?

Very original: Cara Lame. 

UCLA Communications and Sociology Student. Addicted to mocha and bad jokes.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.